Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy for Cheeessssseeee

Swiss cheese (looks like a plain cheddar)
They smell, they are gooey and they have molds but we eat them! What is it with cheese that makes us go crazy. Do you know that there are hundreds type of cheese in the world? The types we commonly know are the ones we put in our pizza and pasta, breads and dish and most of all dessert. I was researching about milk and I came across the different kinds of milk that cheeses are made from. Seriously, there is a ewe milk? (according to the result in google, it's a person but if you scroll down more it's a female goat hahaha) and mare milk? (is that a horse milk?) LOL! Probably most people don't like exotic cheese (including me) because we are afraid of the actual taste and the effect of it on our stomach. ( I have a sensitive stomach when it comes to dairy products) So, cheese cheese cheese. When I'm at the office I sometimes munch down on some cheddar cheese alone and my office mates look at me in a funny way and say why I was eating it like that. I just said, "what?! I love cheese, better than munching on chocolates or something sweet. Healthy living dapat!" hahaha, then they turn away but with the same funny look on their face. Few of them are cheese lovers too so they sometimes tend to steal some of my cheese or buy some for themselves. You know, when we eat cheese, it's not just all about calcium that helps our bones and teeth.
  • Cheese contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid and Sphingolipids which helps prevent cancer.
  • Contains lots of vitamin B
  • enhances blood formation
  • strehgthens liver
  • facilitates absorption of nutrients in the body
And since cheese is high in sodium, it's not that recommended for hypertensive persons. Also for those who are trying to gain weight, cheese helps a lot too. (source: http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/health-benefits-of-cheese.html )  Cheese is good for you, but still bad if you eat too much especially if you have health condition.

One of my favorite food in the world is a pizza because of the cheeses. Especially the Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza oozing with cheese.I know, cheese cheese cheese. Regardless of the toppings or the flavor of the pizza, you can never, ever get wrong for cheese. There are a lots of time that I crave for cheese, then a pizza craving will follow after that. When I can't have someone treat me for pizza, I end up munching on some cheese. Oh men, I'm starting to talk about pizza now. This should be a different post. So enough pizza. Next on my favorite cheese dish is the Lasagna. Mouth watering lasagna, believe me if those two is in front of me, I'll eat them both. Warm cheese flowing on top, and when cooled turns to a gummy texture. Hmmmm.... LOL turning to a Lasagna talk. For dessert, uhm, there are lots of dessert that I love with cheese. But for now, maybe a cheesecake would be best. I'm craving so much for a pizza now. uhm. I'll shut up about the cheese talk right now before I end up buying one. So for all the cheese lovers out there, watch out for my pizza, lasagna and cheesecake article.

Emoticons

No comments:

Post a Comment