Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Do the Coconut nut Juices

"The coconut nut is a giant nut, if you eat too much you'll get very fat. Now, the coconut nut is a big, big nut. But it's delicious nut is not a nut".Who could forget about that song whom our teachers made us sing and dance during our primary school years. I can still remember a few of the dance step that they thought us and it still make me smile thinking how funny we really looked back then. We wore these colorful skirts and blouse with flowers on it and a straw hat and a high knee socks. 
The Coconut Dance
I grabbed these picture from one of my friends. We went to the same school and wore the same costume, and dance the same dance.Oh my, it was fun for kids that age and even adults had fun watching us dance, but imagine if a 25 year old wears that kind of costume and dance that dance. It won't be fun, it will be HILARIOUS.
So, coconut juice. We have the "Buko juice" and "gata". Of course the only thing you can drink straight up is the Buko juice without going to any process. Cool facts about buko juice aside from what we know that it helps prevent Urinary Tract infection.
  • Low in Carbs
  • 99% Fat Free
  • Low in Sugar
also it promotes
  • weight loss
  • good metabolism
  • a healthy immune system that helps prevent viruses that cause flu, herpes and AIDS
(source:http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-320.html)

So I think it will be safe to say that "a buko juice a day, keeps the doctor a way".


Last week, it was my first time to cook "ginataang mais with langka". My mom is craving for one and she asked me to make one. I told her I have never cooked a ginatang mais before, and then she said it's easy, it's like cooking a "champorado" and instead of putting chocolate you put coconut milk (gata) and add some sweet corns and langka (jackfruit). So I said "okay then, but I'll cook it tomorrow becasue I don't have the ingredients". So the next day, I went to Mall of Asia to pay my bill with Globe and do some minor grocery shopping. When I went home, I started cooking the ginataang mais and the monggo for dinner. While I was peeling and slicing some langka, I asked my brother to juice the coconut shredding with 3 cups of hot water. He said, "while it's still hot?", I said yes. He got a spoon and started pressing it to the coconuts to mix it with the water. I was gonna let him do it, but the sticky rice is almost done. I took the shredding it tried to juice it myself. But, IT WAS HOT! I end up getting a strainer and putting it little by little so I juiced as much as I can with a spoon. >_< 
My ginataang Mais
Took me about 15 mins juicing it up twice. My mom arrived and told me she was hungry, I manage to finish the ginataang mais by then and I still have a monggo to prepare. I placed the pan on the table, and while I was chopping some onions and tomatoes, my mom peeked on the ginataan and said looks good and she wanted to try some. She took a spoonful and the next thing I know she was getting a cup full. After I finished cooking the monggo, the 3 of us, my brother, her and I had a dinner together. She still manage to eat about a cup more of rice after eating the ginataan. So did my brother, after eating tons of rice, he also managed to eat a cup full of ginataan. He says, "who are you?". Hahahaha, that is one of his way to say that my cooking is awesome. I was able to bring some in the office for my friend Kimi. But I was not able to enjoy it that much because my mom and my kuya almost ate everything up. And one of my new office mate keeps asking me where is her share. But I keep pointing to Kimi because she ate the last cup. :) (Hey Twilight Girl, I'll try to make some again and give you some too. Try..not do :) )




So I'll probably continue the juices next time. :)


Emoticons

2 comments: